Windjammer Film 1958 ODAX Appearence

netcaretx
Administrator
Dear Sirs,

Did you know the sub 484 was in ”Windjammer” – the film from 1958?

http://www.in70mm.com/cinemiracle/index.htm

I was wondering if any crew members are still alive, who can remember the film crew on board?

best wishes,
Thomas Hauerslev, MBKS
editor

tha@in70mm.com

www.in70mm.com
about all things related to 70mm film

www.biografmuseet.dk
about all Danish cinemas
Richard Hughes (Admin)

Re: Windjammer Film 1958 ODAX Appearence

vic stock  en3ss
i examined the film reconstruction closely using youtube.  the posted footage i watched was "reconstruction of windjammer" and at time mark 14:18/15:01 it shows clearly the submarine in the movie closing shots.  the hull number shows as 344 (USS COBBLER).    The destroyer appears to be dd-758 (USS STRONG).

Re: Windjammer Film 1958 ODAX Appearence

netcaretx
Administrator
As I understand it, they met a task force for the filming, I am not sure of all the ships and boats present. But I heard from a sailor who was aboard during the filming, and here is a picture. Also, some underwater shots were (re)done in an underwater studio.

Richard Hughes (Admin)